Time needed: 2 hours and 30 minutes
Lasagna Bolognese at Rifugio’s Country Italian Cuisine
Collect all your ingredients in which you will need. Set them out in an orderly way. This will allow you to assemble your lasagna in an ordered way without missing steps.
– crushed red tomatoes
– chopped garlic
– salt, pepper, Italian seasonings, and red chili flakes
– lasagna noodles. I suggest the ruffled lasagna unless you are making your own noodles. If you are make one whole sheet for each layer. That is the best.
– milk, butter, nutmeg, parmesan, and pecorino romano cheese
– spicy Italian bulk sausage and ground beef. Veal is often used as well but is not needed.
– celery, onion, carrot.
- Cooking of the ingredients
Chop the garlic, onions, carrot, celery, and add to a preheated pan with a fair amount of olive oil. Add the sausage and ground beef then the crushed tomatoes and dry seasonings. Simmer for at least an hour 4-5 for best results.
- Assembly of the ingredients
– crushed red tomato sauce on the bottom of a well oiled or buttered pan
– the first layer of lasagna noodles
– the meat sauce and the cheese evenly distributed across the top. Push down with gentleness tucking in any uneven noodles.
– next noodle layer and then the bechamel sauce and the cheeses.
– repeat the layers until you reach the top.
– finish with a simple garlic red sauce cheese and add some lemon zest to the top with some red chili flakes.
– bake in an oven at 350f for about 60-90 mins.